Friday, April 29, 2011

The numbers mean everything

So the early results seem to say that changing the pictures was a good move. Traffic has increased. I actually went on my first date last night. It went well. I may see him again, and he definitely seems open to the possibility of friendship, which is a refreshing change.

Having changed my pictures, I’m left with another disturbing issue. I’m becoming too old to date. Apparently I failed to look at this before, but shockingly, guys prefer younger women. Not just young women—younger women. There's some 35 year old guy out there who won't even consider women his own age, but thinks as long as she can drink they can reasonably get along. This person was born in the 90s. THE 90s!!! This person has never owned or probably seen a Fischer Price plastic record player. This person has no idea what life was like before the internet or cell phones. This person's parents probably pay her cell phone bill. But whatever.

I find this strange. The majority of my paired up friends are either the same age or the woman is older than the man so there are plenty of men not bothered by that idea. And this is online dating-- by all means, only hit on the hot 34 year olds. There are still plenty of them out there. Or maybe they do and they're just trying to prevent the un-hot 34 year olds from hitting on them. I don't know though, my age limits don't stop 45 year olds from hitting on me. It's a mystery.

I actually tried to solve this mystery. A 37 year old messaged me and his profile said he was interested in women from 26 to 36. So I emailed back asking why he was interested in women his own age. He thanked me for pointing out his profile was out of date and went ahead and fixed it. So now he’s interested in women from 28 to 37. Argh.

No comments: