Tuesday, July 16, 2013

If I wanted you, you would know it-- the song!

Where's Beyonce when you need her? Someone write the music to this.

If I Were Interested, You Would Know It
I’m not afraid to hit on a guy
I’m not gonna let too much time go by
Pout my lips, shake my hips, or go in for a kiss
It’s not a signal he’s gonna miss

CHORUS: I'm not playing games, I'm not being coy 
I'm just not into you, feel me boy?
So take your feelings and keep a tight lid on it 
Cuz I don't give a shit if you want to hit it 
If I were interested, you would know it

I’m not saying I don’t enjoy your company
You’ve been cool and a pretty good friend to me
Ain’t no spark, made no mark, just can’t fake chemistry
We can just stay friends while I stay free

CHORUS

No means no, I ain't just playin' 
Stop a minute and listen to what I'm sayin' 
Don't matter if I'm drunk, in a funk, or feeling lonely
You ain't never gonna be my one and only 

CHORUS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I’ll send this in to the guys from Weezer or Cake, to see if they can jazz it up a bit (I’m aiming for something light and jaunty here, along the lines of “If You’re Wondering If I Want You To” or “Short Skirt, Long Jacket”)

“The Rules”

Reading signals was never my talent
So I have to plunge in, and try to be gallant
I’m always Al Brooks, to her Holly Hunter
But you’ll always be last if you won’t be a punter

The friendship’s established, you just might want more
But the clumsy pass fails, and you’re hit to the core
But hey girl, that’s my deal, and you don’t take it on
The friendship has changed, but we might still get along

CHORUS
If you have the manifesto, share it
Otherwise your rules just have no merit
Dating is crap, we just fill in the gaps
You don’t get to make the rules


If you make it quite clear, of course no just means no
But otherwise, we stumble in and just give it a go
If you didn’t see it coming, you can’t really be pissed
It’s awkward, it’s messy, but I only tried to kiss

It’s a fucked up old world if we say “Hold your feelings”
If you don’t feel the same, then we part or try healing
Unless it’s explicitly laid down at the start
I just might take the risk to upset the whole cart

CHORUS

RAP BRIDGE
Drunken hookup, pity shag
Maybe I want sex because life’s a drag
Or I really think it’s worth a shot
To take it further or risk the lot
Maybe we’ll make it like Celine and Jesse
Or maybe it’s over because it’s all too messy
Either way, I am going to try
And you don’t get to be pissed just because you don’t know why
Friend zone ain’t no end zone (x4)

CHORUS (x2)


Datista said...

Great. Just what the world needs. Another ode to men's narcissistic right to tell a woman what she wants doesn't matter. Liz Phair, a gender turns its lonely eyes to you.

Anonymous said...

The feminist angle isn’t what’s happening here. It’s a person talking a person. And given that the original song is saying that what the man wants doesn’t matter, (“take your feelings and keep a tight lid on it”?) I don’t think you can pull that one off. There's a bit of narcissism on both sides here.

Playing the misogyny card here is very unfair.